Dot Plots in Excel
A dot plot is a type of frequency histogram that shows distribution of data
Use a dot plot or frequency histogram when you have a limited number of discrete values.
If your data has too many distinct values, your dot plot will look like this example. Use a histogram on your data instead.
How to Create a Dot Plot in Excel using QI Macros
While its possible to create a dot plot in Excel, it is very time consuming and you have to know what all of the steps are. To save time, consider creating a dot plot using QI Macros add-in for Excel. Its super simple and takes just seconds.
- Click and drag over your data to select it.
- Then click on the QI Macros menu and select "Dot Plot":
- QI Macros will perform all of the calculations and draw a dot plot for you.
Up your data analysis game. Use QI Macros to draw:
Other Reasons to Choose QI Macros add-in for Excel
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free