Histogram in Excel with Cp, Cpk
Tired of Trying to Make Histograms in Excel?
- Does the Excel Data Analysis Toolpak take too long and require too many steps?
- Is it difficult to show specification limits or the normal curve on your Excel histogram?
- Is it too hard to calculate process capability metrics Cp Cpk? Defect rates? Sigma?
QI Macros Creates Excel Histograms in Three Easy Steps
- Point - Just select your histogram data in an Excel worksheet
- Click – on the QI Macros menu in Excel and choose Histogram with Cp Cpk
- Analyze and Improve – QI Macros will prompt you for spec limits, do the histogram calculations and draw the histogram with a curve for you.
What is a Histogram?
Histograms show the spread, or dispersion, of variable data. The customer's upper specification (USL) and lower specification limits (LSL) determine how well the process delivers on customer requirements. Measurements outside of the spec limits represent data points that don't meet customer requirements.
Please note: If you are asked by QI Macros for a "Subgroup Size," a subgroup is a group of measurements produced under the same set of conditions.
What is Cool about the QI Macros Histogram Maker in Excel?
- Calculates more than 20 process capability analysis metrics including Cp Cpk and Pp Ppk.
- Histogram calculations can be viewed in the Excel worksheet created by QI Macros.
- Allows you to experiment with how spec limits impact Cp Cpk by changing them in the histogram calculations worksheet.
- Allows you to adjust histogram bin intervals and the approximate number of bars.
I am very impressed with the QI Macros Software. I work with Excel eight hours a day and thought that I had written macros that made me efficient. The Control Charting and Histogram macros in QI Macros alone have saved me hours of work and allowed me to present data to management in a format that is meaningful.
- Kyle Dopp
First Choice Solutions
- Frequency Histogram in Excel
- Histogram Excel for Weibull Analysis
- Histogram Maker Video
- Capability Suite of Six Charts - histogram, control charts, probability plot and more
- Process Capability Analysis Quick Reference Card (PDF, 172 KB)