Need to do Poisson Capability Analysis But Don't Know How?
QI Macros will do the calculations and analysis for you right in Excel!
Example of QI Macros Poisson Capability Template
The Poisson Capability Template Consists of these Charts:
- u chart of defects to determine if the process is stable or not.
- chart of cumulative % defective
- the defective rate chart to determine if your data distribution is Poisson.
- histogram of defects
Tip: If your data is unstable and/or does not follow the Poisson Distribution, the calculated results may not be reliable.
Example of Poisson Analysis Using the Output Shown Above
- The u chart is in control so capability analysis is possible. (Out of control data, as mentioned above, is not recommended)
- The Cumulative % Defective chart is also pretty stable.
- The Defective Rate chart shows points evenly distributed on either side of the average, so distribution is Poisson.
- If the Upper Confidence Interval (UCI) for DPU (cell AB:5) is greater than the target DPU (cell AB:11) , then you cannot be 95% confident that the process is capable.
You can find this template by selecting QI Macros menu > Capability Templates > Poisson Capability.
Stop Struggling with Poisson Capability Metrics!
Start creating your Poisson Capability Metrics in just minutes.
QI Macros Draws These Charts Too!