Cp Cpk True Position Template for Excel
What is True Position?
If you are drilling a hole which has an X and Y location, you have to be able to measure Cp and Cpk for both the X and Y dimensions as well as the overall location of the hole:
QI Macros Add-in for Excel Contains an Easy to Use Template to Calculate Cp Cpk
- Open the template by clicking on QI Macros menu and selecting Capability Templates -> Cp Cpk Templates:
The template has several tabs, select the Cp Cpk True Position worksheet:
- Input your target and tolerances for the X and Y coordinates. Also input the allowable offset for X and Y.
The target for the offset (D4:E4) is usually zero:
- Enter actual measurements starting in cells B25 and C25 as shown.
- Evaluate Cp and Cpk for the X and Y location as well as the Cpk for the True Position:
- Also review the true position chart for any patterns:
Note: Tolerance is 1/2 the diameter of allowable true position. There is no LSL.
Maximum Material Condition Cpk
If you have a cylinder with an inside and an outside diameter, you can determine Cpk using the MMC template. The X and Y offsets are optional. You just need measurements of the outside and inside diameters to calculate Cpk (N4).
QI Macros calculates individual Bonus Tolerances for each part that is measured (Outside/Inside Diameter and X/Y Offsets) in the MMC Cpk True Position template. These tolerance values are located in column K and are calculated by using the True Position Tolerance value found in cell B9.
Why Choose QI Macros to Perform Capability Analysis and Draw Histograms?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Calculates Cp Cpk Pp Ppk
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20+ Years
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support