Hoshin Kanri X Matrix Template in Excel
Create a Hoshin Kanri X Matrix in seconds using QI Macros add-in
The Hoshin Kanri X Matrix is used for policy deployment. It was designed to develop and implement strategic, tactical, and synchronized plans across not only people, but also across an organization.
A Hoshin Kanri X Matrix ensures ownership and accountability at ALL levels; and thus encourages organizational learning, faster course corrections, and cross departmental coordination:
How do I Create a Hoshin Kanri X Matrix?
Please note that there are 4 quadrants found within this planning tool:
- Long-term Goals
- Short-term Goals
- Short-term Tactics | Improvement Objectives/Actions
- Improvement Items
To begin, follow the steps listed below:
- Input your Long-term Goals. Make sure the most important aspects of your plan are listed closest to the center.
- Now that your plan has started to take shape, re-evaluate and recognize your most important objectives. These are objectives you will then input into the Short-term Goals section (e.g. What aspect(s) of the objective do you need to accomplish first?)
- Next, complete the Short-term Tactics | Improvement Objectives/Actions. What is/are the most important objectives/actions that need to be completed, in order for your short-term goal(s) to be completed?
- Lastly, fill out the Improvement Items, Actionees, and Expenses per Action sections - these are areas that will help keep you and your team on course to complete your short and long-term goal(s)!
Once you have inputted information in any of these four fields, you will notice Correlation Matrices located in the bottom-left, top-left and top-right of the planning tool - fill each of these boxes in with the Correlation Notation that reflects the correlation between the items listed:
> Strong Correlation
= Moderate Correlation
< Weak Correlation
0 No Correlations
Note: You can either input the notation manually, or use the available drop-down option to select the correlation notation.
QI Macros installs a menu into Excel's sub-ribbon . To access the Hoshin Kanri X Matrix template, click on QI Macros > Planning & PM Tools > "Hoshin Planning":
Other charts included in QI Macros add-in for Excel