Lean Takt Time | Non-Value Added Time
Use Lean Takt Time to Calculate Rate of Demand & NVA Time to Chart VA vs. NVA
To open either of these templates, select the QI Macros menu > Lean Tools > "Lean Takt Time and NVA":
Lean Takt Time
This tool is used to calculate the rate of customer demand - similar to a speedometer. To complete the template, follow these steps:
- Enter Days/Year, Hours/Day, Breaks (min) and Cleanup Time (min) in rows 3 and 4.
- Next, enter Annual Demand in Row 6.
- Finally, enter Cycle Time/Operator in Row 10.
- Review Lean Takt Time Chart for demand results:
Non-Value Added Time
To complete the template, follow these steps:
- Enter total Value Added Time in cell B2.
- Next, enter total Lead Time (Non-Value Added) in cell B3.
- Analyze NVA based on the graph and its numerical results.
- If NVA is greater than 10% of your cycle time, revise the process to eliminate delay: