SIPOC Diagram Template in Excel
A SIPOC diagram is a high-level process map that helps describe the "as is" and desired states of a process. It compliments flow charts and value stream maps.
SIPOC Diagram Template
QI Macros SPC Excel Add-in includes two SIPOC templates to help you describe:
- Suppliers (external and internal)
- Inputs to each step (materials, etc.)
- Process (Start, 3-7 key steps, and End)
- Outputs of each step
- Customers (internal and external)
Basic SIPOC Diagram
Enhanced SIPOC Diagram
How to Create a SIPOC Diagram
- Label five easel sheets: suppliers, inputs, process, outputs and customers
- Using Post-it® notes, begin listing suppliers, inputs, process, outputs and customers.
- Once you have all of the notes on sheets organize them to show a logical connection and flow.
Other charts included in QI Macros add-in for Excel