Add New Data Points to Control Charts
It's Easy to Add Data to QI Macros Control Charts
The process is different depending on how you create your control chart:
When you run a macro you end up with two spreadsheets: your original data sheet and a sheet with the chart as well as all of the calculations. To add data to the chart:
- Scroll down to the end of the existing data and input the new labels and data into the first blank rows.
- If necessary, use Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste to copy any formulas down to the new rows.
- Next, click on the chart to view the QI Macros chart menu. This menu is sometimes hard to find the Excel 2010-2019 and Office 365 ribbon. To access the menu, look to the far right under Chart Tools.
- After you click on QI Macros Chart, the control chart tools menu will show up on the far left. Next select "Add Data."
- Input the number of rows of data you just added and click OK. This function will change the "source data range" of the chart and will update the chart to display your new data.
- Next rerun stability analysis on the chart. Click on the chart sheet. Use QI Macros menu to select "Analyze Stability". QI Macros will rerun stability analysis on your old and new data.
If you want to recalculate your control limits to include the new data you have just added:
- Just click on the QI Macros chart menu and select Recalculate UCL and LCL
- The macros will re-calculate the control limits including the new data you added.
Don't forget to rerun stability analysis using the new control limits. Click on the chart sheet. Use QI Macros menu to select "Analyze Stability With Control Chart Rules." QI Macros will rerun stability analysis using the new control limits.
Control Chart templates will automatically recalculate the control limits and add data to the chart as it is input.
- When adding data to a template, make sure the menu in cell B1 is set to ALL so that all input rows are visible.
- Simply input data into the next blank row.
- Re-run stability analysis whenever you add data by clicking on the chart and then clicking on the QI Macros Chart menu. Select "Analyze Stability" to run stability analysis on your data. Any unstable point or condition will turn red.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free