Moving Average Chart in Excel
Use a Moving Average Control Chart when there is only one sample and you want to evaluate process shifts using a simple moving average (i.e., not the EWMA).
Example of a Moving Average Chart created using QI Macros for Excel.
To create a moving average chart using QI Macros
- Select your data and the Moving Average chart from QI Macros Control Chart menu.
- QI Macros will perform all of the calculations and will create a Moving Average Control Chart for you.
Note: The Moving Average Period default in QI Macros is set at 3. If you would like to manually change the length of the moving average period (how many points are used when calculating your moving average), you can do so by changing the value in cell L1.
- Control Chart Quick Reference Card (PDF, 238 KB)
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free