Laney p' Chart | p Prime Control Chart in Excel
Create an p' Chart by running QI Macros:
- Select your data.
- Click on QI Macros menu > Control Charts (SPC) > Attribute> p' .
- QI Macros will do the math and draw the chart for you.
- QI Macros will also turn any unstable points or conditions red.
Go Deeper: p Chart evaluates process stability when counting the fraction defective (or in many healthcare applications, the fraction meeting requirements). The p Chart works for most data sets. However, if your data meets certain criteria you may need to consider an XmR Chart or a Laney p' Chart (p Prime).
Consider an XmR Chart if the denominator does not vary widely from sample to sample and your p chart looks like the one below where the control limits seem too narrow for the data and most points are highlighted as unstable.
Here is an XmR Chart run on the same data:
Consider a Laney p' Chart (p Prime) if: the sample sizes in your denominator are large and vary greatly.
A Laney p' Chart will have wider control limits than the p Chart and it will have varying control limits that may help identify unstable points not identified by the XmR Chart. Here is a Laney p' Chart of the same data.
QI Macros add-in for Excel contains a Laney p' Chart template. Click on QI Macros > Control Chart Templates > Attribute (c,np,p,u,g,t) > p Chart to open up the p Chart template. Then click on the p' Chart Skyline tab at the bottom to open up the Laney p' Chart (p Prime) template.
Change the Y-Axis Multiplier:
- Located to the right of the chart, this functionality allows you to change the multiplier. This automatically changes the y-axis value (e.g. 1, 10, 100, etc.):
Toggle Between p Chart and p' Chart:
- Specifically offered in the p Chart macro, you can toggle between a p Chart and a p' Chart by inputting either "False" (p Chart) or "True" (p' Chart):
Stop Struggling with p' Charts!
Start creating your p' Charts in just minutes.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create charts in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free
- Only $329 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support