Draw a p Chart in Excel
Use p charts when counting defective items & the sample size varies
The p chart is one of four attribute control charts used to evaluate the stability of a process over time using counted data. p charts are sometimes confused with u charts.
Just need one chart? Let us do it for you, only $97 Click Here!
Defective Items - p charts
Each item is only counted once:
- car doors that need to be repainted
- bills that are wrong
- incomplete shipments
Defects - u charts
Each item can have more than one defect:
- scratches on a car door
- errors on a bill
- missing products in a shipment
p chart data Example
Example of a p chart
Uneven control limits result from the varying sample sizes.
It's Easy to Draw a p Chart in Excel Using QI Macros
QI Macros adds a new menu to Excel and provides two ways to create charts:
What your organization has done with the excel macros is great. It saves me a lot of time by not having to create the formulas and links. Your QI Macro's are better than most SPC specific software on the market. I have been using your macros since 1997.
- Chuck Whitaker
Nishikawa Standard Co.
Create a p chart by running a macro:
- Select your data.
- Click on QI Macros menu > Control Charts > p chart.
- QI Macros will do the math and draw the chart for you.
- QI Macros will also turn any unstable points or conditions red.
These should be investigated.
Create a chart using a p chart template:
- Open a template:
QI Macros > Control Chart Templates > p chart
- Input your data into the yellow shaded area.
- The chart is drawn as the data is input.
- Run stability analysis using the chart tools menu.
p chart template options
Learn more about QI Macros control chart template options
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free