X bar S Chart Excel
Use an X bar S Chart (Average and Stdev Chart) to Evaluate Stability of Processes Using Variable Data
Here is an example of an X and Standard Deviation chart created using QI Macros for Excel.
The X bar S chart can help you evaluate the cycle time for almost any process: making a widget, answering a customer call, seating a customer, delivering a pizza, or servicing an appliance. This chart is especially useful when you do this many times a day. Collecting the data could be expensive if you measured every time you did it. Using a small sample (typically 6 or more), however, you can effectively measure and evaluate the process.
Calculate, plot, and evaluate the standard deviation (S) chart first. If it is "out of control," so is the process. If the S chart looks okay, then calculate, plot, and evaluate the X chart.
Tip: QI Macros will prompt you for your subgroup size. A subgroup is a group of measurements produced under the same set of conditions. In the example above the subgroup size is five.
Note: The XbarS Chart in QI Macros was developed to support a maximum of 800 columns of data.
- Capability Suite - Capability, Stability and Data Normality Analysis in One
- XbarS chart template in Excel (XbarS Six Pack)
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free