Trying to Create X bar S Charts in Excel?
QI Macros can create them for you!
Create an XbarS Chart by running QI Macros:
- Select your data.
- Click on QI Macros menu > Control Charts (SPC) > Variable -> XbarS.
- QI Macros will do the math and draw the chart for you.
- QI Macros will also turn any unstable points or conditions red.
Go Deeper: Use an X bar S Chart (Average and Stdev Chart) to Evaluate Stability of Processes Using Variable Data
Here is an example of an X and Standard Deviation Chart created using QI Macros for Excel.
X bar S data Looks Like This
The X bar S Chart can help you evaluate the cycle time for almost any process: making a widget, answering a customer call, seating a customer, delivering a pizza, or servicing an appliance. This chart is especially useful when you do this many times a day. Collecting the data could be expensive if you measured every time you did it. Using a small sample (typically 6 or more), however, you can effectively measure and evaluate the process.
Evaluate the standard deviation (S) Chart first. If it is "out of control," so is the process. If the S Chart looks okay, then evaluate the X chart.
Tip: If all of your data is in one column, QI Macros will prompt you for your subgroup size.
A subgroup is a group of measurements produced under the same set of conditions.
Note: The XbarS Chart in QI Macros was developed to support a maximum of 800 columns of data.
Stop Struggling with XbarS Charts!
Start creating your XbarS Charts in just minutes.
- Capability Suite - Capability, Stability and Data Normality Analysis in One
- XbarS Chart Template in Excel (XbarS Six Pack)
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create charts in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support