Cusum Chart in Excel
Cumulative Sum Charts Can Detect Small Shifts in a Process
Cusum charts can detect process shifts more rapidly than the XmR or XbarR. If a trend develops, it's evidence that the process has shifted.
A Cusum Chart consists of:
- A target which is either provided by you or calculated as the mean of your data.
- Upper Cusum Limit and Lower Cusum Limit lines.
- C+ and C- lines which represent the cumulative sum of deviations of successive sample means from a target. Use these lines to determine if your process is shifting.
Default values calculated in the Cusum Chart:
k (slack) = 1/2 of your StDev
FIR = 0
h = 4
Example of a Cusum Chart Created by QI Macros Add-in for Excel
Compare a Cusum Chart with an EWMA Chart
Compare a Cusum Chart with an Individual Moving Range Chart
Individual Moving Range Chart
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $329 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free