X Median R Charts in Excel
Use an X Median R Chart to Evaluate Stability of Processes Using Variable Data
The XMedianR chart works just like the X bar R chart except that it uses the median instead of the average as a measure of central tendency.
Here is an example of an X Median R Chart created using QI Macros for Excel.
The X Median R chart can help you evaluate the cycle time for almost any process: making a widget, answering a customer call, seating a customer, delivering a pizza, or servicing an appliance. This chart is especially useful when you do this many times a day. Collecting the data could be expensive if you measured every time you did it. Using a small sample (typically five), however, you can effectively measure and evaluate the process.
Calculate, plot, and evaluate the range chart first. If it is "out of control," so is the process. If the range chart looks okay, then calculate, plot, and evaluate the X chart.
- Capability Suite
- X median R chart template in Excel (Median tab of the XbarR Six Pack)
- X median R chart formulas
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free