Precision Control Chart in Excel
Healthcare labs use the Precision Charts to monitor paired measures.
QI Macros SPC Software for Excel provides two ways to create a precision chart:
- as a Levey Jennings Chart of Relative Percent Difference (RPD)
- or the R Chart of an XbarR Chart of the two different measures.
To create a Precision chart using a Levey Jennings Chart
First calculate the Relative Percent Difference between two sets of data. See the formula in the formula bar below and the RPD calculation results in Column D.
- Next, create a Levey Jennings chart by selecting the dates in A1:A11 and then, using the Ctrl key, select the RPD data in D1:D11. Now click on QI Macros menu > Control Charts (SPC) > Special (CUSUM, EWMA) and then Levey Jennings Stdev.
- Convert the Levey Jennings chart to a Precision Chart by:
- Adjusting the Y axis to cross at zero
- Using QI Macros chart tools menu to Show the 1-2 Sigma lines
- Now you have a Precision chart. The 2-sigma line is known as the Warning Limit. In this example, one point is above the warning limit.
To create a Precision chart of the ranges between two measures:
- Select the dates in column A and measurements in columns B and C (A1:C11)
- Next, click on QI Macros menu, Control Charts > Variable Charts > and then the XbarR chart.
- Use QI Macros chart tools menu to Show the 1-2 Sigma lines.
- Keep the Range Chart and discard the X Chart:
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free