XbarR Chart Dashboard for Manufacturing using Excel
The purpose of the X bar R chart dashboard is to evaluate the stability of multiple measurements in a manufacturing environment.
Here is an example of the XbarR chart dashboard in QI Macros for Excel.
The XbarR dashboard has a few main components:
- Data Entry Sheet
Just type data into the yellow/white input areas on the data sheet. Use 2-5 samples:
- XbarR Chart with flat limits for fixed sample sizes (2-5):
- XbarR Chart with "skyline" limits for varying sample sizes (2-5):
Creating the XbarR Dashboard
- Input measurement titles, specification limits and data into the data sheet as shown above.
- Click on the XbarR, Skyline or Precontrol worksheet as shown above.
- Use the NEXT button to look through the various charts to make sure they are what you want.
- When you have the right data and charts, click on the CREATE DASHBOARD button to create the dashboard. This will create new worksheets for each chart as well as the dashboard showing just the X charts:
- Delete the XbarR Chart, Fixed Limits and Precontrol worksheets as they are no longer needed.
- You can rearange the charts on the dashboard by clicking and dragging them around.
- You can copy other charts from the new worksheets (e.g., Histograms) and paste them onto the dashboard:
- You can then continue to add data to the data sheet and update charts by clicking the Refresh Charts or Refresh Charts with Stability buttons on the data sheet. Refresh with Stability will run QI Macros stability analysis on all control charts.
- If you save this workbook as an Excel "Shared" workbook, you could have multiple people updating various measurements. Just refresh the charts every so often. Anyone can then look at the dashboard.
I think you'll find this a very powerful feature of QI Macros. Creating dashboards of key measures quickly and easily. And keeping them up-to-date with a click of a button.