Draw a u Chart in Excel
Use u charts when counting defects and the sample size varies
Just need one chart? Let us do it for you, only $97 Click Here!
u chart data looks like this:
Example of a u chart:
Uneven control limits result from the varying sample sizes.
It's Easy to Draw a u Chart in Excel Using QI Macros
QI Macros adds a new menu to Excel and provides two ways to create charts: a u chart macro and a u chart template:
I purchased QI Macros just to run control charts (worth the price just for that). I had NO idea what a robust product you have developed, and what an amazing bargain I was getting. File me under exceeded customer expectations.
- Scott Campbell
Create a u chart by running a macro:
- Select your data.
- Select a u chart on QI Macros menu.
- QI Macros will do the math and draw the chart for you.
- QI Macros will also turn any unstable points or conditions red.
These should be investigated.
Create a chart using a u chart template:
- Open a template :
QI Macros > Control Chart Templates > u chart
- Input your data into the yellow shaded area.
- The chart is drawn as the data is input.
- Run stability analysis using the chart tools menu.
What is the difference between defects and defective items?
Defects - u charts
Each item can have more than one defect:
- scratches on a car door
- errors on a bill
- missing products in a shipment
Defective Items - p charts
Each item is only counted once:
- car doors that need to be repainted
- bills that are wrong
- incomplete shipments
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free