p Chart and u Chart Formats
p and u chart Control Limit Options in QI Macros
p charts and u charts can have upper control limits (UCL) and lower control limits (LCL) that vary with the sample size. QI Macros provides users with options about how these control limits are calculated and displayed.
When you run a p chart or u chart in QI Macros, the default format is "flat or skyline limits" that display the UCL, CL, LCL and your data.
To change the QI Macros default from flat/skyline limits to wavy limits:
- Click on Control Charts, then Control Chart Rules, then p/u UCL_LCL format.
- A window will open showing the new format you are selecting. Click OK to change the format.
- Now run the p chart or u chart again and the control limits will be wavy vs flat/skyline.
Use the QI Macros chart menu to change just one chart.
Here is a p chart with wavy control limits:
Since the p chart is a fraction defective chart, the UCL is limited to 100% and the LCL is limited to 0%
In certain cases, the standard formulas for control limits on the p chart cannot be used. This condition exists when:
n × pbar < 5
QI Macros p chart template contains a tab for these instances:
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free