Remove Point from Control Chart Calculations
Ghost a Point - remove from calcuations but not from the chart.
While it is not usually recommended, many customers have asked for the ability to leave a point on a control chart BUT remove the point from the control limit calculations. Using the chart menu, QI Macros now give you this capability.
To remove a point from the calculations but leave it on a chart:
- Click on the point to be removed.
Tip: The first time you click on a point, Excel will select the whole line. Click on the point a second time to select just the point. If you have done this correctly, Excel will highlight your point.
- Select the QI Macros Chart menu and select Ghost Point:
- The point marker will change to designate that the point has been "ghosted."
- Next re-run stability analysis with the new control limits.
- If you want to check the control limit calculations, go to the data sheet where the formulas are created and click on one of the average cells. Look in the formula box to view the formula. You will notice that the row that the ghosted point is in has been removed from the calculations. In the example below, the point in row 19 has been removed.
- You may also want to add text to the point to further highlight that it has been removed from the calculations.
- Delete Point from Control Chart
- Show Process Change on Control Chart
- Other QI Macros Control Chart Update Options
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free