Control Limit Format Options on p, u, XbarR and XbarS charts
Choose Between Skyline Limits and Wavy Control Limits
For control charts with varying sample sizes, the control limit lines are not flat horizontal lines. Instead they vary.
QI Macros provides two options for displaying varying control limits.
Skyline Limits (default)
To Change the Format on One Chart:
- Click on your chart, then click on the QI Macros chart menu and select the Convert SkyLine/Wave drop-down menu. You can then select either "Convert Skyline to Wave" or vice versa:
- QI Macros will change the control limits to the new format.
Yes - it's that easy!
To change the QI Macros default from skyline limits to wavy limits:
Click on Control Charts, then Control Chart Rules, then p/u UCL/LCL format.
That's it. Now all of the p, u, XbarR and XbarS charts you run will have wavy limits.
Reset Skyline Limits
If you have unfiltered data in a template that has Skyline or Wavy Limits, you can filter your data set by selecting your chart:
Next, choose QIMacros Chart > Convert Skyline/Wave > Reset Skyline Limits:
Your data set will now be filtered:
- Recalculate UCL and LCL on Control Chart
- Remember/Apply Custom Chart Formats
- Other QI Macros Control Chart Update Options
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free