Pre Control Chart in Excel
Use a Pre Control Chart When You Have Less Than 20 Data Points
QI Macros Add-in for Excel Contains an Easy to Use Pre Control Chart Template
How to Use QI Macros Pre Control Chart Template in Excel
- QI Macros installs a new tab on Excel's menu:
- Click on QI Macros menu tab, select the Control Chart Templates drop-down, and then choose PreControl Chart to open the template.
- Enter the upper and lower specification limits into the data sheet at H1 and J1:
- Add data as you begin to run the process.
- Evaluate the process much like you would a control chart.
- Most points should land in the green or yellow. Too many in the red: Danger! You may miss customer specifications.
- Data points in the yellow zones: proceed with caution and potentially readjust your process.
- Data points in the red zones imply out of control conditions. Stop and reset your process or make corrections.
Tip: Format Y axis: You may need to change the max and min amounts on the Y axis to properly display the areas for each color band. Just right click on the Y axis and select Format Axis then Axis Options.
QI Macros also contains a pre-control chart template for XbarR data with up to five samples
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create charts in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support