Levey Jennings Control Chart
It's Easy to Create a Levey Jennings Chart in Excel
Healthcare labs use the Levey Jennings charts to monitor key measures of health like cholesterol and glucose. The Levey Jennings chart, unlike other control charts, use standard deviation for control limits.
Example of a Levey Jennings Control Chart Created by QI Macros Add-in
QI Macros Add-in for Excel Offers Several Ways to Create a Levey Jennings Chart
- Using the Levey Jennings Fill in the Blanks Control Chart Template
- Using one of the two Levey Jennings chart macros
To create a Levey Jennings chart using one of the macros:
- Select your Levey Jennings chart data in an Excel worksheet
- Next, click on the QI Macros menu > Control Charts (SPC) > Special (CUSUM, EWMA) and then on one of the two Levey Jennings chart options:
- Levey Jennings Stdev, uses standard deviation to draw the 1 and 2 sigma lines and the upper and lower control limits. You can also use this chart to create a Precision Control Chart.
- Levey Jennings 10 % draws 1, 2 sigma lines and upper and lower control limits using 10 %, 20% and 30% of the average. This percentage can be adjusted if another value is desired.
According to SOFT / AAFS FORENSIC TOXICOLOGY LABORATORY GUIDELINES 9.1.12 standard deviation may represent an unacceptably large percentage deviation from the mean. Therefore, a realistic percentage deviation should be used, such as ±20% or ±30%. This option is available in the Levey Jennings 10% Macro and Levey Jennings Fill in the Blanks template.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free