I-MR-R Chart in Excel using QI Macros
The Individual Moving Range, Range Chart is a combination of the XbarR and XmR Chart. It gives both "within" group and "between" group variation. The I-MR-R Chart:
- Calculates the average of subgroups, just like an XbarR
- Creates the Range Chart (within group variation) just like the XbarR
- Creates a Moving Range Chart (between group variation) like an XmR using the average of the subgroups
- Creates the Individuals Chart like an XmR using the average of the subgroups
Analyze Variation with a I-MR-R Control Chart
How to Create an I-MR-R Chart Using QI Macros Add-in for Excel:
- Select two or more columns of data.
- Click on the QI Macros tab installed on Excel's menu and, select Control Charts (SPC) > Variable (XmR, XbarR/S), and then "I-MR-R chart".
- QI Macros will do the math and draw the charts for you and turn unstable points or conditions red.
- Analyze and interpret the results:
- Evaluate the Range Charts first. If they are "out of control," so is the process. If the Range Charts look okay, then evaluate the X Chart.
- Investigate unstable points or trends.
- Click on the QI Macros menu and select Control Chart Templates > Variable (XmR, XbarR/S) > I-MR-R.
- Input your data into the yellow shaded area.
- The chart is drawn as the data is input.
- Run stability analysis using the chart tools menu.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $329 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free