Trying to Create EWMA Charts in Excel?
QI Macros can create them for you!
Create an EWMA Chart using QI Macros:
- Select your data.
- Click on QI Macros menu > Control Charts (SPC) > Special> EWMA .
- QI Macros will do the math and draw the chart for you.
- QI Macros will also turn any unstable points or conditions red.
Use the EWMA Chart when you have one sample and want to detect small shifts in performance.
The EWMA (exponentially weighted moving average) Chart's performance is similar to the Cusum chart.
Example of an EWMA Chart created in QI Macros for Excel
To create an EWMA control chart using QI Macros:
- Highlight your data and select "EWMA" from the "Control Charts (SPC)" drop-down menu.
- Next you will be prompted to either accept the default alpha parameter of 0.2 or enter in your own:
EWMA Chart Formula
Note: Per Montgomery 4th Edition, “values of λ in the interval 0.05 ≤ λ ≤ 0.2 work well in practice, with λ = 0.05, λ = 0.10, and λ = 0.20 being popular choices. A good rule of thumb is to use smaller values of λ to detect smaller shifts."
The lower the value of the alpha parameter, the closer your UCL and LCL will be to the CL; and vice versa.
Stop Struggling with EWMA Charts!
Start creating your EWMA Charts in just minutes.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create charts in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support