ZmR Control Chart in Excel
Use an ZmR Chart to Evaluate the Stability of Short Run Processes
Here is an example of an ZmR Chart created using QI Macros for Excel.
You can use a ZmR Chart to:
- Short Run SPC
- Show multiple characteristics (e.g., hardness, finish, etc.) on one chart
- Track a part as it goes through the manufacturing process
The ZmR Chart does this by converting the X values into a standardized value, Z, using the average (μ) and standard deviation (σ). There are a number of ways to estimate σ. QI Macros uses standard deviation for each part.
Zi = (Xi- μ)/σ
So the UCL = 3, LCL = -3 and CL = 0:
ZmR Chart data usually looks like this:
The ZmR Chart can help you evaluate a short run process.
To run this macro, select the Control Charts (SPC) drop-down menu > Variable (XmR, XbarR/S) > ZmR Chart:
- Short Run Control Charts
- Control Chart Types
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
Easy to Use