Need to Know Westgard Rules for Levey Jennings Charts?
Westgard rules are built into QI Macros so you don't need to memorize them.
Westgard Rules are used with Levey Jennings Charts in laboratories. They use a combination of traditional rules and some unique rules not used in other rule sets.
Draw a Levey Jennings chart using QI Macros:
- Select your data.
- Select Control Charts > Special > Levey Jennings on QI Macros menu.
- QI Macros does the math and draws the graph for you!
List of Five Westgard Rules
Westgard rules include Western Electric rules 1, 2, and 4, Nelson's Rule 5 and a unique rule #9.
- One point above UCL or below LCL (13s)
- Two points above/below 2 sigma (22s)
*Westgard Rules state that 2 out of 3 points above/below 2 sigma can be Above AND Below the centerline*
- Eight points in a row above/below the center line (8x), note: this rule will catch 9-12x
- A trend of seven points in a row increasing or decreasing (7t)
- Four points above/below 1 sigma (41s) or two points in a row with one above and one below 2 sigma (R4s).
Westgard rule #9 is unique and is not included in other control chart rule sets.
Control chart rules available in QI Macros add-in for Excel
QI Macros use Montgomery's Rules as the default. However, you can easily switch to the Westgard Rules using the QI Macros menu.
How to Change Control Chart Rules in QI Macros.
- Levey Jennings Control Charts
- Levey Jennings Control Chart Templates
- Stability Analysis Using Control Chart Rules
Stop Struggling with Levey Jennings Chart!
Start creating your Levey Jennings Chart in just minutes.
Download a free 30-day trial. Get Levey Jennings Chart now!
QI Macros Draws These Charts Too!