Westgard Rules for Levey Jennings Charts
Labs running control charts use Westgard rules
Westgard Rules are used with Levey Jennings Charts in laboratories. They use a combination of traditional rules and some unique rules not used in other rule sets.
What are the Westgard Rules?
- One point above UCL or below LCL (13s)
- Two points above/below 2 sigma (22s)
- Eight points in a row above/below the center line (8x), note: this rule will catch 9-12x
- A trend of seven points in a row increasing or decreasing (7t)
- Four points above/below 1 sigma (41s) or two points in a row with one above and one below 2 sigma (R4s).
Westgard rule #9 is unique and is not included in other control chart rule sets.
QI Macros use Montgomery's Rules as the default. However, you can easily switch to the Westgard Rules using the QI Macros menu. See How to Change Control Chart Rules in QI Macros.
- Levey Jennings Control Charts
- Levey Jennings Control Chart Templates
- Stability Analysis Using Control Chart Rules
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free