Westgard Rules for Levey Jennings Charts
Labs Running Control Charts Use Westgard Rules
Westgard Rules are used with Levey Jennings Charts in laboratories. They use a slightly different subset of traditional rules with a couple of special rules.
1. One point above UCL or below LCL (13s)
2. Two points above/below 2 sigma (22s)
4. Eight points in a row above/below the center line (8x), note: this rule will catch 9-12x
5. A trend of seven points in a row increasing or decreasing (7t)
The uncommon Westgard rule is number 9: Four points above/below 1 sigma (41s)or two points in a row with one above and one below 2 sigma (R4s).
QI Macros Control Charts Turn Unstable Points/ Conditions Red
QI Macros control charts also turn the markers for unstable points into diamonds instead of squares.
This helps to identify unstable points and trends when printing control charts on a black and white printer.
How to Change to Westgard Rules in QI Macros
QI Macros use Montgomery's Rules as the default. However, you can easily switch to the Westgard Rules using the QI Macros menu. See How to Change Control Chart Rules in QI Macros.
- Levey Jennings Control Charts
- Levey Jennings Control Chart Templates
- Stability Analysis Using Control Chart Rules
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free