Delete a Point from a Control Chart
Remove Points from a Control Chart and Control Limit Calculations
It's easy to delete a point from a control chart created using QI Macros. The process is different depending on how you create your control chart:
- Control Charts Created with a Macro
- Control Charts Created Using Control Chart Templates
- Excel 2007 Workaround for Deleting a Point on an Embedded Chart
To delete a point from a control chart:
- Click on the chart.
- Next, select the point you want to delete:
Tip: The first time you click on a point, Excel will select the whole line. Click on the point a second time to select just the point. If you have done this correctly, Excel will highlight your point.
- Click on the "QI Macros Chart" menu (to the far right) to open the control chart tools menu. Select "Delete Point" from the "Show Process Changes" drop-down:
- Re-run stability analysis without the deleted point by selecting "Analyze Stability" on the same menu.
For QI Macros version 10.2021: Delete a point on a control chart template by using the instructions listed above.
And once the point has been deleted, make sure to re-run stability analysis by selecting "Analyze Stability" from the "QIMacros Chart" menu.
NOTE: If you are using a version of QI Macros that is from 07.2021 or older, do not use the "Delete Point" function from the QI Macros Chart section - the function will remove necessary calculations from your template.
Simply remove that point from the template's input area - this will automatically remove the point from your data set.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free