Remember and Apply Chart Formats
A real time saver for those who want to customize chart formats in Excel.
QI Macros add-in for Excel makes it easy to remember and apply your chart customizations.
First "Remember Chart Format"
- After creating a chart, customize the fonts, colors and styles, etc., then click on the chart and the QI Macros chart menu and select, "Remember Format."
- QI Macros will use Excel's custom chart template feature to "remember" the format.
Apply Custom Chart Format
- After creating a new chart, click on the chart and then click on the QI Macros chart menu and select Apply Format:
- QI Macros will find the appropriate chart template and apply it to the chart. If a custom format does not exist, QI Macros will prompt you to create one.
- If there is more than one chart on a worksheet, you can click "Apply to All Charts" which will apply formats to every chart on the worksheet (but not every chart on every sheet in a workbook).
Restore to Default Formats
If you don't like the format you applied to a chart, click on Remember Format and then Restore Default Format:
- Control charts will all be formatted in the same way. You cannot have custom formats for different types of control charts (e.g., c, np, p, u, XmR).
- Charts embedded on a worksheet (e.g., control chart templates) have to be remembered differently from charts on chart sheet. If you remember a chart on a "chart sheet" (e.g., p chart created with a macro), it cannot be applied to an embedded chart (e.g., p chart template).
- Skyline control chart formats in Excel 2013-2019 and Office 365 will be remembered in "wave" format, applied and converted back to Skyline style.
This applies to p, u, XbarR, and XbarS charts.
Caveat: Excel 2010-2019 and Office 365 have "memory" problems. They don't remember the chart format correctly. QI Macros contains workarounds to solve these problems in Excel, but there may be more. If you find one, send us the file and we'll try to figure out what is going on.
- Because of problems with Excel 2013-2019 and Office 365 "memory", it is not possible to remember custom formats for ANOM and Box & Whisker charts.
- Custom chart formats will not be applied automatically when created.
QI Macros Custom Chart Formats
You can review your saved chart formats by selecting Chart Tools-Design-Change Chart Types:
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free