QI Macros Control Chart Menu
Remember and Apply Chart Formats
A real time saver for those who want to customize chart formats in Excel.
First "Remember Chart Format"
- After creating a chart, customize the fonts, colors and styles, etc., then click on the chart and the QI Macros chart menu and select, "Remember Format."
- QI Macros will use Excel's custom chart template feature to "remember" the format.
Apply Custom Chart Format
- After creating a new chart, click on the chart and then click on the QI Macros chart menu and select Apply Format.
- QI Macros will find the appropriate chart template and apply it to the chart. If a custom format does not exist, QI Macros will prompt you to create one.
- If there is more than one chart on a worksheet, you can click "Apply to All" which will apply formats to every chart on the worksheet (but not every chart on every sheet in a workbook).
- Control charts will all be formatted in the same way. You cannot have custom formats for different types of control charts (e.g., c, np, p, u, XmR).
- Charts embedded on a worksheet (e.g., control chart templates) have to be remembered differently from charts on chart sheet. If you remember a chart on a "chart sheet" (e.g., p chart created with a macro), it cannot be applied to an embedded chart (e.g., p chart template)..
- Skyline control chart formats in Excel 2010-2019 and Office 365 will be remembered in "wave" format, applied and converted back to Skyline style.
This applies to p, u, XbarR, and XbarS charts.
Caveat: Excel 2010-2019 and Office 365 have what I would call "memory" problems. They don't remember the chart format correctly. I have created workarounds to solve these problems in Excel, but there may be more. If you find one, send us the file and we'll try to figure out what is going on.
- Because of problems with Excel 2010-2019 and Office 365 "memory", it is not possible to remember custom formats for ANOM and Box & Whisker charts.
- Custom chart formats will not be applied automatically when created.
These formats can also be applied manually using Chart Tools-Design-Change Chart Type-Templates:
- QIControl Chart (emb)
- QIHistogram (emb)
- QIPareto (emb)
- QICusum (emb)
- QIHotelling (emb)
- QICapability (emb)
- QIDotPlot (emb)
- Other chart formats will be remembered with "QI" and the the type of chart (e.g., a line chart will be "QILine"). More complex charts will be remembered with the numbers of each type of chart (e.g., QI4-52)
- Other QI Macros Chart Menu Options
- Formatting Charts in Excel
- Control Chart Wizard selects the right chart for you
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free