Run Stability Analysis on Control Charts
Re-analyze Stability After Changing Control Chart Data
It's easy to run stability analysis on a control chart created using QI Macros. The process is different depending on how you create your control chart:
- Control Charts Created with a Macro
- Options After a Chart is Created
- Control Charts Created Using Control Chart Templates
- When you run a chart using a macro from QI Macros menu, QI Macros will automatically run stability analysis on your data and turn any unstable points or conditions red.
- If you add data, delete a point, ghost a point, or show a process change on a control chart you should re-run stability analysis on your data. To do this, click on the QI Macros Chart Menu and select "Analyze Stability."
A customer requested the ability to show "good" rule violations in Green depending on whether "up" (higher) is better or "down" (lower) is better. To use this stability analysis tool, click Green Up or Green Down.
You can also show the specific rules violated.
To view the rules and corresponding rule numbers, click on QI Macros, Control Charts, Control Chart Rules and then Show Current Rules. A spreadsheet with the stability analysis rules will open
And you can clear stability analysis which will result in all or the data points and lines being shown in blue.
To run stability analysis on a chart created using a control chart template:
- Click on the chart and handles (circled in red) or a shadow will appear around the edges of the chart. QI Macros Chart Menu will also appear in the top right corner of Excel's menu bar.
- Click on QI Macros chart menu and select Analyze Stability.
- If you have an X and an R chart you will need to select each chart and run stability analysis on each separately.
- Add Data to Control Charts
- Show Process Change on Control Chart
- Other QI Macros Control Chart Update Options
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free