Stem and Leaf Plot - Excel Template
What is a Stem and Leaf Plot?
A stem and leaf plot shows the spread and distribution of a data set:
- Stems represent the first digits of the data points
- Count represents the number of data points with that first digit
- Leaves represent the second digits in the data set (numbers 0-9)
- Median is the mid point in the data set and is shown next to the leaf
Stem and Leaf Plot Example Created Using QI Macros add-in for Excel
It's Super Easy to Use QI Macros Stem and Leaf Plot Maker
QI Macros installs a new menu on Excel's tool-bar. To generate a plot:
- Open the Stem and Leaf Plot Template by clicking on QI Macros menu -> Chart Templates -> Stem and Leaf Plot
- The template will open and contains some pre-populated sample data.
- Input or cut and paste your data into the yellow input area.
- Double click on the update plot button and QI Macros will sort the data and populate the stems and leaves.
Why Would I Use a Stem and Leaf Plot?
A stem and leaf plot can help show the distribution of your data. It is similar to a histogram that is turned on its side. Let's use some average temperature data to better illustrate the relationship.
Stem and Leaf Plot
Histogram of the Same Data ( Bin width = 10)
Many people use stem and leaf plots because histograms seem too hard to create. But both are easy to make using QI Macros.
Learn More ...
QI Macros Add-in for Excel - PC and Mac Compatible
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free