ROC Curve Template in Excel
Draw a ROC Curve in seconds with QI Macros add-in
ROC (Receiving Operating Characteristic) curves are used to choose the most appropriate "cut-off" for a test.
QI Macros installs on Excel's menu. To draw a ROC Curve:
- Select the template from QI Macros menu
- Input data into yellow cells
- QI Macros does the rest!
ROC Curve Example
To complete the ROC Curve template:
- Input the Cut Points in column A.
- Input the number of normal and non-normal cases in columns B and C, respectively.
- The template will perform the calculations and draw the ROC Curve.
- The template will also calculate the area under the curve (C14) and rate the accuracy of the test (C17).
- > .9 = Excellent
- > .8 = Good
- > .7 = Fair
- ≤ .7 = Poor
For a comprehensive description of ROC Curves see: http://gim.unmc.edu/dxtests/ROC1.htm
ROC Curve Template Location in QI Macros
To open the template, click on QI Macros Menu and select, Chart Templates, ROC Curve.