u Prime Chart Formulas
The u prime chart (u' chart or modified u chart) works much like an XmR chart.
- Convert the p values to z values.
- Calculate the moving range of the z values.
- Use these values to calculate sigma-estimator.
- Use the sigma estimator to adjust the control limits.
Here are the formulas used to calculate a u prime chart.
Source: Improved Control Charts for Attributes, David B. Laney © 2002
- Create a u prime chart in Excel using QI Macros
- Create a u chart in Excel using QI Macros
- Other control chart formulas
The u prime chart is just one of the tools included in the QI Macros for Excel SPC Software for Excel.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free