Laney p' Chart (p Prime) Formulas
The Laney p' Chart (p Prime or Modified p Chart) works much like an XmR Chart.
- Convert the p values to z values.
- Calculate the moving range of the z values.
- Use these values to calculate sigma-estimator.
- Use the sigma estimator to adjust the control limits.
Here are the formulas used to calculate a Laney p' Chart (p Prime):
Source: Improved Control Charts for Attributes, David B. Laney © 2002
- Create a Laney p' Chart (p Prime) in Excel using QI Macros
- Create a p Chart in Excel using QI Macros
- Other Control Chart Formulas
The Laney p' Chart (p Prime) is just one of the tools included in the QI Macros for Excel SPC Software for Excel.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
- Only $329 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free