QI Macros Control Charts
Show Process Change on Control Chart Templates
It's easy to show process changes on a control chart created by QI Macros. The process is different depending on how you create your control chart. This page covers control chart templates. See these pages for other options:
- New and Existing Charts Created with a Macro
- Excel 2007 Workaround for Showing Process Change on Embedded Charts
- Go to the chart and click on the first data point where the process change occurred:
Tip: The first time you click on a point, Excel will select the whole line. Click on the point a second time to select just the point. If you have done this correctly, Excel will highlight your point.
- Click on QI Macros chart menu, select the "Process Changes" drop-down and choose Show Process Change:
- The template will calculate a new set of control limits starting at the data point in the row you entered. On the X chart templates the process change will be reflected on the X and chart.
Note: You can perform more than one process change on a chart!
For XmR, XbarR, and XbarS charts, only utilize the Show Process Change functionality on the X charts - never on the R or S charts.
- Don't forget to rerun stability analysis using the new control limits. Click on the chart sheet. Use the QI Macros menu to select "Analyze Stability." Note: This step needs to be performed separately for the X and R charts.
- Control Limit Calculations
- Analyze Stability with Control Chart Rules
- Other QI Macros Control Chart Update Options
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Control Chart Software?
Fast and Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create charts in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free
- Only $329 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support