Need to Create a Product Family Matrix?
QI Macros has a Ready-Made Product Family Matrix Template for Excel!
Why it Matters? Use a product family matrix to identify product groups that are based upon shared processes. It is a valuable step in Value Stream Mapping.
How to Use QI Macros Product Family Matrix
Once you open the template:
- Input the date of your Matrix (Note: QI Macros auto-fills this portion to the current date the template is/was opened):
- In Column A of the Matrix, you will find a "Product" field - list your Product description there:
- Next, in row 4, input your "Process" description:
- Lastly, go through each Product and indicate if it shares any of your Processes:
Where to find the Product Family Matrix in QI Macros
To access this matrix, click on the QI Macros Menu, and then select "Lean Tools" > "Value Stream Mapping":
Once the template opens, you have several options:
- VSM Text: Input your data into each cell in the spreadsheet and then click a button to automatically create a value stream map.
- Symbols: inventory of VSM symbols to copy and paste into any Value Stream Map.
- Value Stream Examples 1, 2, and Emergency Room to use as a starting point to save time.
- Spaghetti Diagram
- Product Family Matrix
Haven't you waited long enough?
Start creating your Product Family Matrix in just minutes.
The Product Family Matrix is one of many tools included in QI Macros add-in for Excel.
QI Macros adds a new tab to Excel's menu, making it easy to find any tool you need. If you can't locate a tool, use the find tools feature on the far right side of QI Macros menu.