Use a Spaghetti Diagram to analyze product flows through a workspace.
Use a Spaghetti Diagram to define the existing flow as a starting point for removing unnecessary movement of people and materials through a workspace.
Example of a Nursing Unit Spaghetti Diagram for Travel Time
These spaghetti diagrams show before and after lean process improvement changes that saved 50% of nurse travel time. This lean analysis took about an hour.
To Create a Spaghetti Diagram:
- Start with high level process steps. Use Post-it Notes to diagram the work stations or machines used. Count how many times each machine or work station is used.
- Draw arrows to show the movement of a product through the workspace.
- How would you rearrange the machines or work areas to reduce movement of people and materials?
QI Macros Value Stream Mapping Template has a Spaghetti Diagram Template to help save you time. Just open the template and edit it using Excel's drawing tools. Use rectangles for workstations and curved arrows to connect the stations and show the flow.
Why Choose QI Macros Over Other Lean Six Sigma Software
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual subscription fees
- Free technical support
Easy to Use
- Works right in Excel
- Create a chart in seconds
- Easy to customize & share charts
Proven and Trusted
- More than 100,000 users
- In More than 80 countries
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus free