CAGE and KANO Models for Voice of the Customer
Easy to Use Cage and Kano Model Templates in Excel
- A Voice of the Customer Matrix is used in the initial stages of process or product development. It is used to gather and document a customer's needs and wants.
- The CAGE Model is used to visually represent what customers and/or team members got right and wrong about the ultimate requirements.
- The Kano Model is used to plot Satisfaction vs. Execution.
|C||Customer insights||Key insights discovered when researching requirements.|
|A||Customer & Team Agree||Requirements the team identified and customers verified during research.|
|G||Given requirements||Expected quality or features that are so obvious they are not usually even stated by customers.|
|E||Excitement (wows)||Elements of a product or service that customers don't even know they want.|
Example of the CAGE Model Template
How to Use QI Macros CAGE Model template
- Double-click each shape you wish to move and/or re-size, representing the following:
- How teams understand requirements
- What customers tell you (VOC)
- Ultimate requirements (sweet spot)
- Note that anything outside of green circle represents what customers and/or the team got wrong.
How to Use QI Macros KANO Model template
Double-click each of the 3 arrows to move and/or re-size at your discretion, to represent Satisfaction vs. Execution:
QI Macros add-in for Excel installs a new tab on Excel's menu. To access the voice of the customer matrix and templates for the Cage and Kano models, click on QI Macros menu -> Planning & PM Tools -> Voice of the Customer Matrix:
Once you have opened the Voice of the Customer Matrix template, select the CAGE & KANO Model tab:
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Template
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Example
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Video