CAGE and KANO Models for Voice of Customer in Excel
Use a voice of the customer matrix to gather customer's needs and wants as a basis for establishing objectives.
QI Macros Six Sigma Software for Excel includes a voice of the customer matrix and templates for the Cage and Kano models. To access these tools, Click on QI Macros menu -> Planning & PM Tools -> Voice of the Customer Matrix:
Once you have opened the Voice of the Customer Matrix template, select the CAGE & KANO Model tab:
What is the difference between a CAGE and KANO Model?
Use the CAGE Model to visually represent what customers and team got wrong. CAGE stands for:
- C - Customer Insights
- A - Customer and team Agree
- G - Given requirements (expected quality)
- E - Excitement (Wows)
Use the KANO Model to plot Satisfaction vs. Execution.
Example of the CAGE Model Template
How to Use QI Macros CAGE Model template
- Double-click each shape you wish to move and/or re-size, representing the following:
- How teams understand requirements
- What customers tell you (VOC)
- Ultimate requirements (sweet spot)
- Note that anything outside of green circle represents what customers and team got wrong.
Example of the KANO Model
How to Use QI Macros KANO Model template
Double-click each of the 3 arrows to move and/or re-size at your discretion, to represent Satisfaction vs. Execution:
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Template
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Example
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Video