CAGE and KANO Models for Voice of Customer in Excel
Use a voice of the customer matrix to gather customer's needs and wants as a basis for establishing objectives.
This template can be found in the "Planning & PM Tools" drop-down menu > "Voice of the Customer Matrix":
Once you have opened the Voice of the Customer Matrix template, select the CAGE & KANO Model tab:
What is the difference between a CAGE and KANO Model?
- Use the CAGE Model to visually represent what customers and team got wrong.
- Use the KANO Model to plot Satisfaction vs. Execution.
Example of the CAGE Model
How to Create a CAGE Model for VOC
C - Customer Insights
A - Customer and team Agree
G - Given requirements (expected quality)
E - Excitement (Wows)
- Double-click each shape you wish to move and/or re-size, representing the following:
- How teams understand requirements
- What customers tell you (VOC)
- Ultimate requirements (sweet spot)
- Note that anything outside of green circle represents what customers and team got wrong.
Example of the KANO Model
How to Create a KANO Model for VOC
Double-click each of the 3 arrows to move and/or re-size at your discretion, to represent Satisfaction vs. Execution:
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Template
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Example
- Voice of the Customer Matrix Video