CAGE and KANO Models for Voice of Customer in Excel
Use a voice of the customer matrix to gather customer's needs and wants as a basis for establishing objectives.
Use the CAGE Model to visually represent what customers and team got wrong.
Use the KANO Model to plot Satisfaction vs. Execution
Example of the CAGE Model
How to Create a CAGE Model for VOC
C - Customer Insights
A - Customer and team Agree
G - Given requirements (expected quality)
E - Excitement (Wows)
- Double-click each shape you wish to move and/or re-size, representing the following:
- How teams understand requirements
- What customers tell you (VOC)
- Ultimate requirements (sweet spot)
- Note that anything outside of green circle represents what customers and team got wrong.
Example of the KANO Model
How to Create a KANO Model for VOC
- Double-click each of the 3 arrows to move and/or re-size at your discretion, to represent Satisfaction vs. Execution.