Looking for a Fever Chart Template in Excel?
QI Macros has a Ready-Made Fever Chart Template for Excel!
Why it Matters: Use a fever chart to show project status and to identify problems.
A Fever Chart is a valuable tool for Critical Chain Project Management and Theory of Constraints (TOC). The Fever Chart tracks project status using the ratio of two metrics:
- The percent of the critical chain completed divided by
- The percent of buffer consumed.
The ratio indicates the status of a project as it moves through three areas of the chart:
How to Create a Fever Chart using QI Macros template
- Open the "TOC Cloud and Reality Tree" template found in the "Diagrams" drop-down menu and select the "Fever Chart" tab:
- Put % of critical chain completed in column A and % buffer time consumed in column B.
- Points in the green zone indicate the project is on or ahead of schedule. Red and yellow zones suggest the need for intervention.
Haven't you waited long enough?
Start creating your Fever Chart in just minutes.
The Fever Chart is one of many tools included in QI Macros add-in for Excel.
QI Macros adds a new tab to Excel's menu, making it easy to find any tool you need. If you can't locate a tool, use the find tools feature on the far right side of QI Macros menu.