Want a Countermeasures Matrix in Excel?
QI Macros has a Ready-Made Countermeasures Matrix Template!
Why It Matters: Evaluates the feasibility and effectiveness of countermeasures to reduce or eliminate root causes
Like ecological weed prevention, a countermeasure prevents problems from ever taking root in a process. A good countermeasure not only eliminates the root cause but also prevents other weeds from growing.
Example of QI Macros Countermeasures Template in Excel
Step-by-Step Instructions for Completing a Counter Measures Matrix
- Transfer the problem statement and the root causes from your root cause analysis (Fishbone diagram or Ishikawa diagram).
- For each root cause, identify one to three broad countermeasures (what to do).
- Rank the effectiveness of each countermeasure (Low, Medium, or High).
- Identify the specific actions (how to do it) for implementing each countermeasure.
- Rank the feasibility (time, cost) of each specific action (Low, Medium, or High).
- Decide which specific actions to implement.
*Note: A Countermeasures Matrix/Prioritization Matrix can be used in place of an Effort-Impact Quadrant.
QI Macros template includes a Feasibility - Effectiveness Chart
This chart plots the ranking values in columns C and E in order to give a clearer picture of how feasible and effective the list of countermeasures may be.
Haven't you waited long enough?
Start creating your Countermeasures Matrix in just minutes.
The Countermeasures Matrix is one of many tools included in QI Macros add-in for Excel.
QI Macros adds a new tab to Excel's menu, making it easy to find any tool you need. If you can't locate a tool, use the find tools feature on the far right side of QI Macros menu.