Want a Countermeasures Matrix in Excel?
QI Macros has a Ready-Made Countermeasures Matrix Template!
Why It Matters: Evaluates the feasibility and effectiveness of countermeasures to reduce or eliminate root causes
Like ecological weed prevention, a countermeasure prevents problems from ever taking root in a process. A good countermeasure not only eliminates the root cause but also prevents other weeds from growing.
Example of QI Macros Countermeasures Template in Excel
Step-by-Step Instructions for Completing a Counter Measures Matrix
- Transfer the problem statement and the root causes from your root cause analysis (Fishbone diagram or Ishikawa diagram).
- For each root cause, identify one to three broad countermeasures (what to do).
- Rank the effectiveness of each countermeasure (Low, Medium, or High).
- Identify the specific actions (how to do it) for implementing each countermeasure.
- Rank the feasibility (time, cost) of each specific action (Low, Medium, or High).
- Decide which specific actions to implement.
*Note: A Countermeasures Matrix/Prioritization Matrix can be used in place of an Effort-Impact Quadrant.
QI Macros template includes a Feasibility - Effectiveness Chart
This chart plots the ranking values in columns C and E in order to give a clearer picture of how feasible and effective the list of countermeasures may be.
Haven't you waited long enough?
Start creating your Countermeasures Matrix in just minutes.
Download a free 30-day trial. Get the Countermeasures Matrix now!
The Countermeasures Matrix is one of many tools included in QI Macros add-in for Excel.
QI Macros adds a new tab to Excel's menu, making it easy to find any tool you need. If you can't locate a tool, use the find tools feature on the far right side of QI Macros menu.