p Chart Dashboard for Excel
The purpose of the p chart dashboard is to evaluate the stability of multiple patient safety measurements in a healthcare environment.
Here is an example of the p chart dashboard in QI Macros for Excel using data from the Healthcare Data Guide.
The p dashboard has a few main components: a data entry sheet and a p chart template. There are also c, np and u chart templates, but we'll stay with just the p chart for this example. You cannot combine c, np, p and u charts on the same dashboard automatically.
- Data Entry Sheet
Just type data into the yellow/white input areas on the data sheet. Use a numerator and denominator for each measurement:
- p Chart with "skyline" limits
Creating the p Dashboard
- Input measurement titles and data into the data sheet as shown above.
- Click on the p Chartl worksheet as shown above.
- Use the NEXT button to look through the various charts to make sure they are what you want.
- When you have the right data and charts, click on the CREATE DASHBOARD button to create the dashboard. This will create new worksheets for each chart as well as the dashboard showing the p charts.
- Delete the XbarR Chart, Fixed Limits and Precontrol worksheets as they are no longer needed.
- You can rearange the charts on the dashboard by clicking and dragging them around.
- You can then continue to add data to the data sheet and update charts by clicking the Refresh Charts or Refresh Charts with Stability buttons on the data sheet. Refresh with Stability will run QI Macros stability analysis on all control charts.
- If you save this workbook as an Excel "Shared" workbook, you could have multiple people updating various measurements. Just refresh the charts every so often. Anyone can then look at the dashboard.
I think you'll find this a very powerful feature of QI Macros. Creating dashboards of key measures quickly and easily. And keeping them up-to-date with a click of a button.