Need to Run a One-Sample Variance Test in Excel?
QI Macros can do it for you and interpret the results!
one-sample variance test
- Select your data.
- Click on QI Macros menu > Statistical Tools > F & t Tests > Variance Test One-Sample
- QI Macros will do the math and interpret the results for you.
Example of One-Sample Variance Test Using QI Macros Add-in for Excel
- Click and drag over your data to select it in Excel:
- Click on the QI Macros Menu > Statistical Tools > F & t Tests, and then select "Variance-Test: one-sample":
- QI Macros will prompt for a significance level (default = 0.95):
- You will then be prompted to input the Test Standard Deviation (QI Macros will provide the auto-calculated value):
- QI Macros will perform the Variance Test: one-sample calculations and interprets the results for you:
NOTE: We do not provide Bonett method results - only Chi-Square method results.
What's Cool about the QI Macros One Sample Hypothesized Variance Test?
Interprets the Results for You: QI Macros compares the p value to alpha and tells you what that means. In the above example, QI Macros tells you "Cannot Reject the Null Hypothesis/Accept the Null Hypothesis", because p > 0.05 (Means are not different/Means are the same).
Interactive Results: QI Macros lets you change the significance level to see what impact those changes have on your results.