One-Way ANOVA Test in Excel
You Don't Have to be a Statistician to Do ANOVA
- Does the thought of performing complicated statistical analysis intimidate you?
- Have you struggled with the awkward interface of Excel's Data Analysis Toolpak?
- Tried to learn another more complicated statistics program?
QI Macros Add-in for Excel Makes ANOVA as Easy as 1-2-3
- Works Right in Excel: QI Macros installs a new tab on Excel's menu. Just select your data and the ANOVA test you want and QI Macros does the rest.
- Selects the Right Test: Not sure which statistical test to run? QI Macros Stat Wizard will select the right test for you.
- Interprets the Results: QI Macros performs the calculations AND tells you:
- If you can Reject or Not Reject the Null Hypothesis
- Means are the Same or Different
- Draws Chart to Visualize the Results: QI Macros draws a box plot of your data to help you visualize and understand the results of your One Way ANOVA test.
One-Way ANOVA Step-by-Step Example
Imagine you manufacture paper bags and you want to improve the tensile strength of the bag. You suspect that changing the concentration of hardwood in the bag will change the tensile strength. You measure the tensile strength in pounds per square inch (PSI). So, you decide to test this at 5%, 10%, 15% and 20% hardwood concentration levels. These "levels" are also called "treatments."
To perform One-Way ANOVA in Excel using QI Macros follow these steps:
- Click and drag over your data to select it:
- Now click on QI Macros menu and select: Statistical Tools and ANOVA Single factor:
- QI Macros will prompt you for the significance level you desire. The default is 0.05 (95% confident).
- QI Macros will perform the calculations and analyze the results for you:
Interpreting the Results of a One Way ANOVA Test
When you run ANOVA, you don't have to think like a statistician because QI Macros interprets the results for you. QI Macros is the only statistical software that tells you if you can Reject or Not Reject the null hypothesis and whether the Means are the same or not the same.
In the example above, QI Macros built in code compares the p-value (0.000) to the signficance (0.05) and tells you to "Reject the Null Hypothesis because p<0.05 (Means are Different)."
QI Macros also draws a box plot to help you visualize the results. Compare the difference in Means (color change in the box) and the variation (height of the box and length of the whiskers).
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free