Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test in Excel
Kolmogorov-Smirnov (KS) is a Goodness of Fit Test
A Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is one of the many non-parametric statistical tests performed by QI Macros Add-in for Excel.
A psychiatric hospital has non-normal lengths of stay (column A-sorted). To conduct a test using QI Macros:
- Click on the QI Macros menu and select "Stat Templates" to open the non-parametric test template. Then click on the K-S tab.
- Input your data into the yellow shaded cells in column A.
- Sort the data in column A in ascending order (smallest to largest.) Excel will prompt you to expand your selection but choose continue with the current selection.
- QI Macros will perform the calculations for you:
Interpreting the Test Results: For each significance level from 0.2 to 0.01, the template determines if one should reject or accept the hypothesis that the cumulative sample function matches the cumulative probability function.
Note: Excel doesn't have the ability to do statistical tests of non-normal (i.e., not "bell shaped") data. QI Macros adds this functionality with a set of templates to handle non-parametric data.
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free