Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test in Excel
Kolmogorov-Smirnov (KS) is a Goodness of Fit Test
A Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is one of the many non-parametric statistical tests performed by QI Macros Add-in for Excel.
A psychiatric hospital has non-normal lengths of stay (column A-sorted). To conduct a test using QI Macros:
- Click on the QI Macros menu and select "Stat Templates" to open the non-parametric test template. Then click on the K-S tab.
- Input your data into the yellow shaded cells in column A.
- Sort the data in column A in ascending order (smallest to largest.) Excel will prompt you to expand your selection but choose continue with the current selection.
- QI Macros will perform the calculations for you:
Interpreting the Test Results: For each significance level from 0.2 to 0.01, the template determines if one should reject the null hypothesis or cannot reject the null hypothesis (accept the null hypothesis) that the cumulative sample function matches the cumulative probability function.
Note: Excel doesn't have the ability to do statistical tests of non-normal (i.e., not "bell shaped") data. QI Macros adds this functionality with a set of templates to handle non-parametric data.
NOTE: If p < 0.05 Reject the Null Hypothesis.
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets p-values for You
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support