Trying to do a Paired Two-Sample t-Test in Excel?
QI Macros can do it for you!
Create Paired Two-Sample t-Test using QI Macros:
- Select your data.
- Click on QI Macros menu > Statistical Tools > F & t Tests > Paired Two-Sample
- QI Macros will do the math and analysis for you.
Go Deeper: When to Use the Paired t-Test
In the constant quest to reduce variation and improve products, companies need to evaluate different alternatives. A t-Test using two paired samples compares two dependent sets of test data. It helps determine if the means (i.e., averages) are different from each other.
Weight Loss Paired t-Test Example
If a diet claims to cause more than a 10 lb weight loss over a six month period, you could design a test using several individuals before and after weights. The samples are "paired" by each individual. You might want to know if the diet truly delivers greater than a 10 lb weight loss.
To conduct a Paired t-Test Using QI Macros for Excel, follow these steps:
- Input your data into Excel, then click and drag over it to select it:
- Next click on QI Macros >Statistical Tools > F & t Tests, then "t-Test: Paired two-sample for means":
- QI Macros will prompt for a significance level (default = 0.05):
- And a hypothesized mean difference (in this case 10 lbs):
QI Macros paired t-Test macro will perform the calculations and interpret the results for you:
In the July 2022 version of QI Macros, the Box & Whisker Plot output was removed and replaced with a Values Plot output, as Values Plots provide simpler visual representations of your data.:
To change the order of your Two-Sample t-Test results between the first and last columns:
- Create your Two-Sample t-Test.
- Then, in row 1 you have the option to update the "Column Order" by inputting value "1" (Column 1/Column 2) or "2" (Column 2/Column 1):
NOTE: Changing the order of your t-Test results will not change the order of the Box and Whisker output.
What's Cool about QI Macros Paired t-Test?
Interprets the results for you: QI Macros will compare the p-value (0.429) to the significance level (0.05) and indicate that you "Cannot Reject the Null Hypothesis/Accept the Null Hypothesis, because p>0.05" and that the "Means are not Different/Means are the same."
Draws a chart to help you visualize the results: QI Macros paired t-Test results include a box plot which helps you see the difference in means (color change line in the box) and the variation (height of the box and length of the whiskers).
Interactive Results: QI Macros lets you change the significance level and Hypothesized Difference in Means to see what impact those changes have on your results. See red arrows in the image above.
Stop Struggling with Paired t-Tests!
Start creating your Paired t-Tests in just minutes.
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets p-values for You
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support