Kruskal-Wallis Test in Excel
When to Use the Kruskal-Wallis Test
A Kruskal-Wallis test is like an Analysis of Variance (ANOVA). It is a non-parametric test that compares unmatched groups. Samples must be random, independent and five or more per sample.
Note: Excel does not do statistical tests of non-normal (i.e., not "bell shaped") data. QI Macros, adds this functionality with a set of of non-parametric statistical test templates.
A golfer wants to compare three drivers to determine which one is the longest. He hits five drives with each driver and measures the distance.
To conduct a test using QI Macros he will:
- Click on QI Macros menu, Statistical Templates to open the non-parametrics test template. Then click on the Kruskal Wallis tab.
- Input the data into the yellow shaded cells in columns A:C.
- QI Macros will perform the calculations and display the results in columns D:K
Interpreting the Hypothesis Test results: Since p (0.151) is greater than alpha (0.05) he cannot reject the null hypothesis that the distance of all three drivers is the same.
*Default Significance Level is 0.05*
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
- Only $279 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free