Box Cox Transformation in Excel
Use Box Cox Transformation to Transform Non-Normal Data into a Normalized Form
Box Cox transformation shifts the data to a root of the data using lambda:
-1< lambda <1 (e.g., 3.01^0.5) or ln(3.01) if lambda = 0.
To use Box Cox Transformation in QI Macros Excel Add-in:
- Click and drag over your data to select it.
- Click on the QI Macros menu, then Statistical Tools -> Regression and Other Statistics -> Box Cox.
- QI Macros will prompt you for a transformation factor.
- The results will include your original data to the left, the transformation factor (lamba) and the transformed normalized data. If you change lambda, the normalized data values will change.
If we ran a histogram on the before and after data sets we can compare the non-normal and normal distributions.
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets p-values for You
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support