Two Way ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) With Replication
You Don't Have to be a Statistician to Conduct Two Way ANOVA Tests
Two-Way ANOVA (ANalysis Of Variance) , also known as two-factor ANOVA, can help you determine if two or more samples have the same "mean" or average. Note: Your data must be normal to use ANOVA.
QI Macros Excel Add-in Makes Two Way ANOVA a Snap
- Installs a new tab on Excel's menu.
- Performs the calculations and interprets the results for you. Results indicate:
- Reject or Cannot Reject the Null Hypothesis
- Means are the Same or Means are Different
If you are not sure which statistical test to run, QI Macros Stat Wizard will select the right test for you.
Two-Way ANOVA Test With Replication Example
What if you have two populations of patients (male/female) and three different kinds of medications, and you want to evaluate their effectiveness? You might run a study with three "replications", three men and three women.
To Conduct the Anova Test in Excel Using QI Macros:
- Click and drag over your data to select it:
- Click on QI Macros Menu, Statistical Tools and then ANOVA Two Factor with Replication:
- QI Macros will prompt you for how many rows are in each sample (three) and for a significance level. Default is alpha=0.05 for a 95% confidence.
- QI Macros will perform all of the calculations and interpret the results for you:
Interpretation of the Two Way ANOVA Results
QI Macros built in code compares the p-values (0.179) to the signficance level (0.05) and tells you: "Cannot Reject the Null Hypothesis because p>0.05" and that the "Means are the same".
Watch This Video to See QI Macros in Action
Tips on Setting Up Your Data for Two-Factor with Replication
To analyze data, Excel requires you to set the data up in a way that can be analyzed.
The example below shows how to set up the data for two categories of patients treated with three different drugs:
Then, if you're just interested in the single factor DRUGS, select and run a ANOVA single factor on the three drug columns:
If you're interested in a ANOVA two-factor analysis (patients vs drugs), select and run a two-factor analysis with repetition (more than one patient in the category receives the same drug).
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
- Only $299 USD - less with quantity discounts
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets Results for You
- Accurate Results Without Worry
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free