Spearman Rank Correlation Coefficient Test in Excel
One of Many Tests in QI Macros Statistical Add-in for Excel
When to Use the Spearman Rank Correlation Coefficient
A Spearman correlation correlates the ranks of two sets of data rather than the data itself as Excel's correlation function does.
Spearman Test Example Using QI Macros Template
- To open the template, click on the QI Macros menu and select Stat Templates > Spearman
- Input your data into the yellow shaded areas in columns A:M.
- QI Macros template performs the calculations for you in columns N:AM.
Comparing the number cigarettes smoked by 10 smokers (column A) and their diastolic blood pressure (Column B) gives these results.
Note: In the example, below we have hidden the unused columns. Never delete rows or columns in QI Macros templates as you may accidentally break formulas.
Hypothesis Test: Since the correlation (0.367) isn't 0.80 or greater, we cannot conclude there is a correlation between smoking and hypertension in these ten smokers.
- Mann Whitney Test
- Other Non Parametric Tests
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets p-values for You
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $329 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support