Test of Two Proportions in Excel
QI Macros Easy to Use Two Proportions Test Excel Template
Use our Two Proportion test template to compute a confidence interval and perform a hypothesis test of the difference between two proportions.
Test of Two Proportions Example Using QI Macros Template:
For example, if you are sending a direct mail piece to a group of prospects you may want to know if the proportion of customers who respond could be increased by offering free shipping. You would offer free shipping on half of your mailings and see if you have more purchases from the group that was offered free shipping from the group that was not.
- Conduct your test and use a PivotTable to summarize the trials and successes
- Click on QI Macros menu and select Statistical Templates, then 1-2 Proportion tests. A template will open. Click on the tab labeled "Two Proportions."
- Enter Test Difference in E2. The default is 0.
- Enter number of trials in A3 and A7
- Enter number of successes in B3 and B7
- Enter confidence Level in F1
- Null hypothesis is H0: P1=P2, H1: P1<>P2
If cell I3:I5 is green, you cannot reject the null hypothesis (accept the null hypothesis)
If cell I3:I5 is red, reject the null hypothesis.
Why Choose QI Macros Statistical Software for Excel?
Easy to Use
- Works Right in Excel
- Interprets p-values for You
- Accurate No-Worry Results
- Free Training Anytime
Proven and Trusted
- 100,000 Users in 80 Countries
- Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Five Star CNET Rating - Virus Free
- Only $349 USD
Quantity Discounts Available
- No annual fees
- Free Technical Support